Thursday, October 9, 2014

Elusive Mr.Sun

 It's a day that started on a bright note. But Mr.Sun,very soon, started playing an elusive game of brightening up everything one moment and then deciding to play blink-wink-disappear the very next moment. The day that started on a cheerful note seemed to be showing its various shades within moments. The light seemed to be saying ' catch me if you can' ! But I was enjoying every bit of it, and why not! Just a few more days of independence, the random tea sessions, irrespective, of the time of the day, the no- exercise sessions, going about the city without having to think of the next 'working' day; such fun times! The very thought of unstructured hours of work makes me feel so relaxed. Yet, work gets done and things fit in so effortlessly. And to top it all, the perfect light-and-shade day! All smiles :).......
Now, Mr.Sun did play his games. The light streamed in through the partially clouded sky, as if it was creeping in through the bamboo chiks. The slight grey of it blended with the bright yellow and a perfect shade was created. The blinding yellow that scorched life, made us squint, hide our gaze behind the shades, could actually acquire such a lovely mellowness....seeing and experiencing it made a person like me put it into a few words. Mr.Sun did know how to colour the world according to his whims and fancies and bring out the best in everything. Even our moods lightened up and brightened up according to his wishes! I wish I could capture his mood changes well enough.
Light has its own importance in life. What is it that does not depend upon it? Light can make things liven up,bringing upon a total mood change in us. But yes, the right kind of light, the perfect sort of yellow. Wonder if it makes sense to you.....it does to me, though. Too much of it can be killing at times, like the tender jasmine creeper that was thoroughly scorched up last week. The flowering plant was reduced to its crisply fried up state, thanks to, too much sun. The right shade of yellow creates wonders. The mellowness creates the right mood, the perfect ambience and environment that allows things to soak up in its golden hue. The honey yellow dripping from Mr.Sun is lovely indeed! At such times he makes me want to lie by the window, in a corner of my most formally informal living room. And with a good book or a magazine with some pretty glossy pictures to drool over, some mint water and melon! Perfect combination, I must say! Signing off for now with a few captures from around my home. Leaving you to daydream and create some magical moments in the company of Mr.Sun:-)......

Lovely!Love my kitchen,my chai and some play of light! 

The plants love the right kind of light and so do I!

the perfect corner where the light seeps through....

light and shade and colours.......

One more of the netted effect....I call this on the other side.....

This is one of my most favourite photographs! Simply love the red and the green!


I call this 'the apartment effect'!

A perfect pattern is created.....the net-grills-bamboos-sunlight in tandem

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful play created by the sun Vandana...I see you are enjoying your "non working" days. Beautiful pic, I loved that corner with ladybug. sunshine makes lots of difference in our mood, as winter is slowly approaching we will have less sunny days. Have a happy weekend., enjoy it without worry of going back to work on Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much,Nayana!...I am enjoying for sure! And yes,sunshine does make a lot of difference in everything!

      Delete
  2. Lovely description of lazy, sunny days. Love your corners Vandana. They look warm and always inviting....would love to visit you some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Reshma! I,too,would love to have you over sometime soon! It would be so much fun!

      Delete
  3. 'Sun-sunny'khez post ! :-D Loved all the pictures, I too truly believe in the impact of the sun in all realms of our lives, great read Vandana :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karishma! I'm so glad that you liked the post:-)....means a lot to me!

      Delete